Friday, October 31, 2008

Where I'll Be Sunday Afternoon

Not in Downtown Cleveland on Malls A, B or C.  As much as I would like to be at the Obama rally this Sunday I think I will pass.  I've been waiting to attend one rally before election day and Sunday is the last chance to take in a live Obama speech.   I had a feeling he would swing by C town one last time and unfortunately I was right. Sunday's rally will be an epic event I'm sure.  Hell, Springsteen will even be there.  In the end I'm sticking to the original plan, knocking on doors until my knuckles hurt.

I could go the rally knowing that doing it won't do anything to claim one additional vote.  Canvassing isn't all that exciting but there is a crucial need to keep feeding the ground game that's going to win this state for Obama. I'll suck it up and play a part in that last push on the streets.  I know it sounds selfless but have you heard about the pain in the ass parking is going to be?  And Jesus has everyone forgotten about 2004?  Kerry had a rally on the mall the night before the election along with Bruce and the next day, well we know what happened.

Knock knock knock.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: