Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Akron Recall: Game Over

I'm not waiting for the polls to close to call this thing. With very little knowledge or insight my gut tells me the recall is going down in flames.

As of now the recall of Mayor Don Plusquellic went down to a thirty point defeat. Total ballots cast 11,200 against, 4,800 for and 1 undecided (Joe Finley). God I hope I'm right about this.

Anyway, I voted at 6:30AM with about ten other inhabitants of 8's N and Q. The same crew was manning the polls but they were a tad confused. I find that the elderly function much better with an infusion of fiber to start the day.

The recall defeat should buy the citizens of Akron at least a three month reprieve from the minions of Mendenhall.

Update: I was a little off. The number of total votes cast was 24,133. It looks like the piker rebellion of 2009 will go down by 40 plus points. I'm sure Warner has already concocted a worthy conspiracy to explain the trouncing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The real conspiracy here is that Warners wife Kelly is running for council at large. Mendenhall just used tax payer money to establish name recognition for his wife. Thats it....thats what this recall was really about...free press for his wife. I want my 85 cents back.