Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Am The Stimulus

... I am the walrus.

Imagine if the Democratic party hired the PR firm that created the 'I am Tiger Woods' campaign to plug the ARR Act. I envision a one minute add with flashes of ordinary people saying "I am the stimulus".

A guy on an assembly line, a kid in a classroom or gal in a hard hat on a job site. Simple three second vignettes making the point that the thrust of the legislation was to help the average middle class citizen in a variety of ways.

I'd volunteer to be in that spot. Some of the so called gimmicks will impact my family in a direct way. We are attempting to sell our home. Surely the tax incentives for first time buyers will boost the number of potential buyers in the market. More participants means a quicker sale at a better price. It doesn't stop there.

The lease on our vehicle is up this year and I do plan to take advantage of the associated tax credit for car purchases. The federal dollars that will flow to infrastructure and green energy are front and center in my line of work, local government.

There are plenty of projects that are being submitted on behalf of the NEO local governments that will be able to go forward as a result of the funding. In these tough economic times we'll take what we can get. By my estimation there is nothing fringe about the Recovery Act.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: