Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day in Akron 8

It's on. The most important election in a generation from Akron's ward 8.

10:15 - Game over once they called Ohio. Knocking on all those f*&#ing doors actually paid off! Everyone take five.

16:30 - just got back from canvassing. basically no one was home. The people I did manage to coax to the door had already voted, good. Before I left the staging house some of the organizers were whining about low turnout in Ohio. That made me cringe. Wouldn't we expect turnout to be lower due the 25% that cast early ballots? Pho twittered about low turnout at the polls. I''ll admit I'm nervous.

12:05 - leaving for the staging house to pick up a last day canvass pack. I hope all this knocking makes a difference. It better.

9:00 - The futility of stupid people. My idiot neighbor just set up a sign with a blown up copy of an anti Obama pamphlet on William Ayers. Talk about low rent. Even the plutocrats down the road aren't going to this extreme.

8:36 - The line at Case is gone. Voters are trickling in now. Did early voting relieve the pressure on election day?

7:40 - I'm going to get my free Starbucks coffee. Hey did you hear it's free if you voted.

6:35 - They are lined up at Case Elementary to get it done before work. Before the doors open the line runs down Harcourt and just starts to wrap around Westvale. They may have a half hour wait. Not too bad compared to four or five hours. Pix to follow.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: