Monday, May 05, 2008

Lest You Think I'm That Popular

My Site Meter reporting has shown a spike in views the past week. If one were to see this activity they may be lead to believe that the 260 views of BCR today were a sign of interest in what I have to write. Not Really.

What this blog is experiencing is like something out of a chapter of the Long Tail or The Wisdom of Crowds. Give people all the content that's out there and a good filter (Google) to find it and then look out.

Here's the story. I ran a post back in January titled "Where's My Stimulus Check" that outlined the progress of the economic stimulus plan as it wound its way through Congress. The title was a harmless poke at the impatience of the average citizen waiting around for the gov'ment to send out their damn check. Fast forward to last week when the actual checks started going out and now you see what's on peoples' minds - money. The links to BCR through Google searches are driving the links to the blog. Basically all those searches using the same phrase as the post title get referred to this humble little blog. I unintentionally Google bombed myself. I'm willing to rent out space in the side bar to those of you looking for exposure.

No comments: